"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." Edmund Burke
“The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is mere tenacity." Amelia Earhart
JOIN US and work for democracy!
In the past four years our NC legislature has attempted to....
- impose on Greensboro partisan redistricting for its municipal government
- strip Charlotte of its world-class airport
- take over the Asheville water authority
- thwart renewable energy projects, such as wind and solar, across the state...
and has succeeded in...
- refusing to enact Medicaid expansion legislation that would have provided coverage to a half million North Carolinians and pumped billions of dollars annually into our state
- passing HB2, inflicting immeasurable economic damage on NC, institutionalizing bigotry, and making our state a laughingstock across the country
- slashing public education funding in favor of virtually unaccountable charter schools
- gutting the budget of the NC Dept. of Environment and Natural Resources and stripping it of enforcement powers, stalling cleanup efforts, repealing clean air and other health-related regulations, and imposing climate change denier rules on its activities
- killing a highly productive, job creating tax credit that had propelled Wilmington into the front ranks of the film industry
- engaging in a power grab to strip our new governor of much of his authority...
and is defending in the US Supreme Court...
- a state wide redistricting plan that a lower federal court has called a "textbook example of racial gerrymandering."
This incomplete listing of legislative efforts and accomplishments should be sufficient to illustrate the point: WE NEED TO STOP THIS NOW !!!
Please join us and make that happen